- Sunscreen! Reduce your cancer (and wrinkle!) risk—sunscreen always, and frequently!
- Bug spray-Not just for deep woods adventures, insect repellent can prevent tick and mosquito bites.
- Water-Dehydration can you make you tired and can be dangerous. Drink water throughout the day and up your water intake if you are enjoying adult beverages.
- Sleep-More daylight often means less sleep. Catch up on sleep when you can, poolside, on a rainy day or by working in an afternoon nap.
- Sneakers-Everyone loves cheap flip flops, but they do a sneaker number on your feet. Wear sneakers when doing a lot of walking to save your feet and joints from wear and tear.
- Healthy recipe-Great for picnics or getting back on track after too much ice cream-fish tacos are a nice cool option for summer! View Recipe.
- Primary care physician- from antibiotics for a tick bite, to looking at a suspicious mole, keep your physician’s number handy this summer.
- Directions to nearest ER-Sometimes you need more than a band-aid. PinnacleHealth has three emergency departments: Community General Osteopathic Hospital, Harrisburg Hospital, and West Shore Hospital.
Join PinnacleHealth online or here, Facebook and Twitter on the 8th of each month to get great information from our women’s health experts. Read, discuss, share and learn about ways to enrich your life through greater awareness and healthy living. You never know what you might learn that’ll keep you feeling good all month long!